Two Ligers (yes, you always capitalize the word Liger) were born on May 13th, 2011 in a wildlife reserve in Eastern China. These Ligers are a mix of a Manchurian Tiger and an African Lion.
Ok, we know what you’re thinking: “What the hell does this have to do with skiing and riding?”
To that, we answer: “Who F#$king cares!??! These are F#$king LIGERS we’re talking about here! Possibly the coolest two animals on the face of the Earth right now!!!”
WHAT IS A LIGER?
– Ligers are a hybrid cross between a female tigress and a male lion.
– Ligers are the largest cats in the world growing bigger than both tigers and lions.
– Ligers are known to love swimming.
– Male Ligers can reach lengths of 12 feet and weigh up to 1,000 pounds. In contrast, male tigers, the largest cats besides Ligers, can be up to 11 feet long and weigh up to 660 pounds. As you can see, Ligers are HUGE!
– Ligers don’t exist in the wild as tiger and lion habitats don’t overlap. But, in ancient times there may have been both tigers and lions in Asia and legends still exist of enormous Ligers in the wild.
– Like all specie hybrids, Ligers are sterile which follows Haldane’s rule.
– Ligers are breed for their skills in magic according to Napoleon Dynamite.