We already know that some people will say we’re beating a dead horse here. But, there is a significant new development: SQUAW HAS NO PARK! C’mon! Squaw hasn’t had a park since May 8th, which means that they will be open this spring for 11 days without any form of Pipe nor Park.
Skiing/Riding park is one of the most important aspects of spring skiing. Spring skiing is skiing park to many of our young athletes. It’s what they do when they come to a ski resort. There are way too many reasons that NOT having a park in the springtime is ridiculous:
NOT HAVING A PARK =
– Kids don’t want to come because skiing park is important to them.
– Families won’t wanna come as their kids won’t wanna come to a place that has no park.
– Film crews and people wanting to film won’t come.
– Spring skiers are bummed as they can’t watch athletes going off in the park.
– People look forward to spring park skiing all year and they are uber disappointed when it doesn’t exist.
– Your resort isn’t developing young (or any) park athletes as you don’t have a freakin’ park.
– Park athletes clearly won’t come at all.
– Not having a park is just straight up lame.
We want to hear what you guys think. But, we don’t want to hear you say that it’s a financial thing/that Squaw is saving money by not having a park. That is BS. Have you ever heard of a major ski resort having no park in the spring? We haven’t. So the money thing is no excuse. Having a park is paramount in the spring. Everyone has ’em. Alpine’s park is sick. Northstar’s park is world famous. Squaw’s park is non-existent.