Developers Stephan and Jonas Augustin of Munich, Germany, have designed a skateboard truck that doesn’t use rubbers or springs and doesn’t require kingpin adjustments to accommodate for rider’s weight or riding style. Instead the Curfboard uses its patented 4-hinge suspension, which most interestingly to me allows for pump carving without putting a foot on pavement.
Longboarding can be a great way to simulate engaging your edges in the offseason but you are somewhat at a loss on the flatground unless you’re skitching. If this Curfboard works as advertised, you could get that edge to edge feeling we are all looking for on the flattest of parking lots or sidewalks. Sweet.
“You can drive and even accelerate elegantly through the body movement like surfing or snowboarding, even uphill.”
ADVANTAGES OF THE CURFBOARD:
– lower distance to the ground
– perfect control and precise response
– no speed wobbles on front truck
– no wheel bites at radical turns
– no adjustment of rubbers or springs
– no wear and replacement of rubbers or springs
– less weight
– self regulating depending on the riders driving style and weight
– easy conversion of existing boards
– no aditional distance plates at the rear truck
– high quality, design and engineering in Germany
The Curfboard did a successful round of crowdfunding on Kickstarter raising €43,745, enough to go into production but is not currently available for sale to the general public. If you are interested in getting updates about when it is available go HERE and sign up.