Mount Southington in Plantsville, Connecticut is spending big this offseason to upgrade their mountain. Mount Southington in Connecticut isn’t a big-name New England ski resort, but it is one of the closest mountains to cities like Hartford and New Haven. It is home to fourteen runs, all of which are open for night skiing, 100% snowmaking, two terrain parks, four chairlifts, and three surface lifts. According to Patch, various improvements are underway this summer to improve the winter experience. These upgrades include:
- “A new 2021 Prinoth Lietwolf X snow grooming machine has been acquired. Dougherty said it is the biggest and baddest groomer in the market.
- Major upgrades have been made to the Avalanche Double Chairlift, including new chairs and towers.
- The mountain has added 10 new automated snow machines from Demac and Techno-Alpin.
- More than 4,000 feet of new snowmaking pipe is being installed.”
Summer operations are also a pivotal part of their operations. Some of their summer attractions include summer camps, volleyball courts, cornhole, wedding and comedy events, and more activities. Upgrades that have been made for this summer include:
- “Two sand volleyball ball courts for WAKA leagues have been installed.
- A low ropes course and a Ninja Warrior course for the FAST Camp and birthday parties booked through the FAST Camp are ready to go.”
What change are you the most excited about?
Image Credits: Mount Southington