Elevation doesn’t mean everything, but with the earth heating up, these resorts benefit from the highest peak elevations across the country.
It’s not uncommon for ski resorts to list their peak elevation above their highest lift. I don’t blame them considering that terrain is usually accessible by hiking or other means of transportation.
Regardless, here are the 10 resorts in North America with the highest claimed peak elevations. All data pulled from the resorts’ websites.
10. Crested Butte, CO– 12,170′
9. Copper Mountain, CO– 12,313′
8. Keystone Resort, CO– 12,408′
7. Taos Ski Valley, NM– 12,481′
6. Aspen Snowmass, CO– 12,510′
5. Breckenridge Ski Resort, CO– 12,998′
4. Loveland Ski Area, CO– 13,010′
3. Arapahoe Basin– 13,050′
2. Tellruide Ski Resort– 13,150′