Telluride Ski Resort is under a Winter Weather Advisory with up to 12″ forecasted for elevations above 9,500′ by Wednesday reports NOAA.
The snow is putting a big dent in what has largely been an abnormally arid year in the San Juans and locals are hoping this is a greater sign of a larger El Niño trend this upcoming winter.
- 12″ above 9,500′
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect till Tuesday
- Snow in the forecast through Friday!
Winter Weather Advisory
Northwest San Juan Mountains-Southwest San Juan Mountains- Including the cities of Telluride, Silverton, and Rico 413 AM MDT Mon Oct 8 2018
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MDT TUESDAY ABOVE 9500 FEET…
* WHAT…Occasional snow showers. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 8 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches, are expected.
* WHERE…Northwest San Juan Mountains and Southwest San Juan Mountains, including Lizard Head, Red Mountain, Coal Bank, Molas, and Slumgullion Passes.
* WHEN…Until 9 AM MDT Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Plan on slippery road conditions and reduced visibilities at times as rounds of show showers and isolated embedded thunderstorms move across the area. Snow levels will drop to around 8500 feet by morning.