Vail is currently working on $30 Million in capital improvements projects at Northstar (who have subsequently changed their name from Northstar-at-Tahoe to Vail-at-Northstar). Many of the on mountain improvements are to be ready for opening day November 18th, 2011. Vail is throwing $30 million at the improvements going on at Northstar, but somehow, it’s not being called a renaissance?
Completed Projects at Northstar:
– Paying Shaun White to say he trains at Northstar
– New backside high speed chairlift that Unofficial Contest winner Gary named: “Reacharound”
– Two “new” intermediate runs on the backside
– 22 Foot U shaped stunt ditch “designed” by Shaun White: “Um, yeah, like, uh, make it sort of like half of a pipe, okay? cooooooolllllll.”
– 500 indoor seat 200 outdoor seat on mountain restaurant at the top of the Tahoe Zephyr Express originally named “Zephyr Lodge”
– And, of course, the ever Vail-esque Epic Mix Pass
The real question is:
How much of that $30 mil is Shaun getting?