Sierra Snowkite Center is the first snowkite center in the state of California. The center is home to 250 acres of undulating terrain which offers both natural and man-made features. From beginners to seasoned pros the snowkite center on Donner Summit (next to Sugar Bowl Resort) will get you flying in no time.
“At Sierra Snowkite we strive to give you the knowledge and tools to take your winter sports to a whole new level. Snowkiting and kiting in general are enhancement sports. With a good foundation in snowsports, a love for the mountains, and a curiosity for the unknown, snowkiting will elevate your winter experience to all new heights. After skiing morning “Pow” at Sugar Bowl, drift on down to The Sierra Snowkite Center to explore the vast terrain of “endless powder turns with a twist.” We hope to see you soon.” – Sierra Snowkite Center
Once parked, you must visit the Royal Gorge/ Sierra Snowkite ticket booth. Here you can pay for tickets, one time safety assessment fee, and fill out snowkite waivers. Once completed, grab a snowkite cargo sled, throw your kites/ gear in, and make the short (10 min.) walk out the groomed snowkite access trail to the launch site. Please make sure to stay on the well marked access trail.
- All kiter must have a Sugar Bowl or Royal Gorge ticket/ season pass
- All kiters must sign waiver forms
- If not enrolled in a lesson, kiters must pay/complete a one time $10 safety assessment
- Helmets – All riders must where helmets during lessons and freeriding
- All kites and leashes must have mondern safety release devices and must be used at all times.