Those damned California hippies have made there way into Aspen and have gotten their tentacles into EVERYTHING over there. Disgusting…simply disgusting.
On tuesday, Aspen’s plastic bag ban will take hold of the entire town. Shoppers will now be forced to use reusable bags or stoop to using 20 cent paper bags.
Carbondale, CO has also been taken over by filthy hippies. They’ll be complying with this ridiculous law as well starting Tuesday.
Hippies at City Market & Clark’s Market in the town of Aspen will be giving away free reusable bags this week.
I personally fear that these bags will be made of hemp and doused heavily with both patchouli oil and Lysergic Acid Diethylamide.
In fact, Aspen has become so “hippified” that the Aspen Chamber Resort Association recently announced that they’ll be bailing out of the US Chamber due to their “archaic” Climate Change policy.
“…another domino in the US Chamber battle fell on Tuesday when the Aspen Chamber Resort Association announced that it would end membership in the US Chamber because its “archaic” stance on climate policy didn’t dovetail with the goals of a ski town.” – chamber.350.org
It has become obvious to me that we need to take back Aspen from these nitrous huffing hippies. But they’re not the only ones…
CURRENT CITIES WITH PLASTIC BAG BANS:
Alaska = Bethel, Fairbanks, Hooper Bay
California = Alameda City & County, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, Union City, Carpintaria, Calabasas, Dana Point, Fairfax, Laguna Beach, Long Beach, LA County, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Marin Country, Millbrae, Palo Alto, Ojai, Monterey, Pasadena, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz County, Santa Clara County, Santa Monica, Sunnyvale, San Luis Obispo County and City, Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach
Colorado = Aspen, Carbondale, Basalt, Telluride
Connecticut = Westport
District of Columbia = Washington
Hawaii = Hawaii Country, Kauai Country, Maui County
Maryland = Montgomery County
New York = East Hampton, Rye, Southampton
North Carolina = Hyde, Currituck and Dare Counties
Orgeon = Portland
Texas = Austin, Brownsville, Fort Stockton, South Padre Island
Washington = Bainbridge Island, Seattle, Edmonds, Bellingham, Mukilteo
These hippies are everywhere…
What do you guys think about the plastic bag bans?
Should other ski towns ban plastic bag?
PLASTIC BAG NUMBERS:
- Over 1 trillion plastic bags are used every year worldwide. Consider China, a country of 1.3 billion, which consumes 3 billion plastic bags daily, according to China Trade News.
- About 1 million plastic bags are used every minute.
- A single plastic bag can take up to 1,000 years to degrade.
- More than 3.5 million tons of plastic bags, sacks and wraps were discarded in 2008.
- Only 1 in 200 plastic bags in the UK are recycled (BBC).
- The U.S. goes through 100 billion single-use plastic bags. This costs retailers about $4 billion a year.
- Plastic bags are the second-most common type of ocean refuse, after cigarette butts (2008)
- Plastic bags remain toxic even after they break down.
- Every square mile of ocean has about 46,000 pieces of plastic floating in it.
These numbers from reuseit.com
blog comments powered by Disqus