Last week we discussed skiing in Africa, now let’s dive into The Middle East. Yeah that’s right you snow junkies, you can ski there! Today we’ll take a look at one of the region’s largest resorts Mzaar Kfardebian in Lebanon.
- Trails: 42
- Marked Trail Length Total: 80km (~50 miles) *Comparable to Smuggler’s Notch, VT
- Ski Area Base: 1,850m (6,070ft)
- Ski Area Top Elevation: 2,465m (8,087ft)
- Vertical: 615m (2,017ft) *Comparable to Purgatory, CO.
- Number of Lifts: 20
- Average Ski Season: December-April
- <50 inches per year
Mzaar Kfardebian is considered to be the largest ski resort in the Middle East. The resort first started spinning chairs when a group of pioneers imported a lift from Switzerland in 1963.
I am fascinated by where you can find ski resorts. It proves that skiing and snowboarding are global sports that transcend cultures.
It begs the question… Is Lebanon included in Ski The East?
Excuse me as I add “Skiing in The Middle East in Lebanon” to my bucket list.