Image: Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Sandpoint, Idaho
Vail and Aspen may have the cachet that comes with being a glamorous high-end ski resort, but they also have crowds and incredibly expensive hotels, restaurants, and lift tickets that can cost upwards of $800 per day.
But not all ski resorts are that expensive — or that pretentious.
We found the 10 most underrated ski resorts in the U.S. These mountains are (relatively) cheap, crowd-free, and get tons of powder. They also have cool towns that will keep you entertained when you’re not on the slopes.
10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts In America
- Bridger Bowl, Bozeman, Montana
- Red Lodge Mountain, Red Lodge, Montana
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Sandpoint, Idaho
- Grand Targhee Resort, Alta, Wyoming
- Mad River Glen, Waitsfield, Vermont
- Wildcat Mountain, Notch, New Hampshire
- Taos Ski Valley, Taos, New Mexico
- Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort, Bend, Oregon
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Crested Butte, Colorado
- Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, California