CNN brings us their list of “The World’s 100 Best Ski Runs”.
“To make sure the snow hounds among us get equal treatment to the beach bums, we asked some of the world’s top skiers, snowboarders and winter sports journalists to name their favorite ski run.
Our panel included Andrew Weibrecht, Olympic medalist and U.S. ski team member; John Stifter, editor at U.S. ski bible Powder magazine; Mike Douglas, the godfather of free-skiing and creator of the world’s first twin-tip ski; and Nicola Iseard, editor of the UK’s top ski magazine, Fall Line.
They helped us come up with this list of some of the world’s most exhilarating ski runs.
Difficulty evaluations for each run were provided by the respective resorts and reflect a mix of rating systems.
While the resorts of Europe and North America understandably dominated the list, the novelty factor of skiing in some of the world’s lesser known ski destinations resulted in a few less predictable recommendations.” – CNN
The World’s 100 Best Ski Runs
1. The Stash, Avoriaz, France
2. Dave Murray Downhill, Whistler, British Columbia
3. Ventina, Cervinia, Italy
4. Glen’s, Snowbird, Utah
5. Grand Solliet, Sainte Foy, France
6. Adrenalina, Valle Nevado, Chile
7. Skyward, Whiteface Mountain, New York
8. Cenidor, Marte and Mercurio, Las Leñas, Argentina
9. The Palisades, Squaw Valley, California
10. Olympia, Cortina, Italy
14. Corbet’s Couloir, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
21. The Wall, Kirkwood, California
45. Paradise, Mad River Glen, Vermont
81. Kill the Banker, Revelstoke, British Columbia
95. Chute 75, Squaw Valley, California
97. McConkey’s, Squaw Valley, California