Heli-skiing Pakistan’s Karakoram Mountain Range
Karakoram Mountain Range Facts:
- The mountain range spans the borders between Pakistan, India and China.
- The range is about 500 km (311 mi) in length, and is the most heavily glaciated part of the world outside the polar regions.
- A significant part, 28-50% of the Karakoram Range is glaciated, compared to the Himalaya (8-12%) and European Alps (2.2%)
- The Karakoram is home to the highest concentration of peaks over 8000m in height to be found anywhere on earth
- Karakoram is a Turkic term meaning black gravel.