SALT LAKE CITY — The future of three of Utah’s major canyons is being discussed as Salt Lake County planners balance development with preservation.
Salt Lake County hosted an open house to get input on future plans for Parley’s, and Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. The last time the master plan was updated for the three canyons was in 1989. – Keep Reading @ fox13now.com
Wasatch Canyons General Plans
Big Cottonwood, Little Cottonwood and Parleys Canyons
- Salt Lake County Planning and Development Services staff will draft GeneralPlans for Big Cottonwood, Little Cottonwood and Parleys Canyons.
- The draft plans will be based on input received through workshops, community meetings, and best practices research. They will continue to be influenced by public input as work progresses on the plans.
- Each plan will be divided into three main sections, which will cover: community values and goals, best practices, and programs & projects.
- Opportunities for community input in a public forum will include open houses, town hall meetings, and planning commission hearings.
- Meeting dates and times will be posted on this web page and updated periodically as they are scheduled.
- Please use the following link to comment on the General PlansWasatchCanyons@slco.org