In the world that skiers and snowboarders live in there are few items more important than the jacket. In addition to making you look good on the hill your outerwear is your main line of defense against the cold, wind and frozen precipitation. If you are looking for a bomber jacket to ring in 2013 with look no further that the Strafe Nomad.
Strafe is a fairly new outfit based in Aspen, CO. They have been creating stylish gear for the last few seasons and have, in my opinion, hit a homerun with the Nomad. Made from a tough 3-layer Gelanots fabric this jacket boasts an impressive 20K/30K waterproof/breathability rating that I can vouch for. During the storm days last week in LCC this shell was beading up water like a beast, while keeping the interior warm and dry. The fit of the Nomad hits the sweet spot between the ultra baggy look of a park rat and tight technical backcountry skier steeze. The large fits my 6’2″ 180lb frame perfectly. I am truly impressed with this jackets ability to keep you warm, dry and sweat free.
Some other features that I really dig on are:
– Large sleeve cuffs that easily wrap over the top of your glove cuff to keep snow off the wrist.
– Double inside chest pockets for your ipod, phone, goggle bag, ect.
– Low profile hood that does not whip into your face during 360s, but still has the volume to go over your helmet on the coldest lift rides.
– Top notch zippers that are easy to operate with your gloves still on.
– A removable powder skirt that does not ride up like so many others seems to.
– Dope mono color looks that are both understated and eye grabbing.
Check out the NOMAD and other sweet products from Strafe on their website www.strafeouterwear.com