Have ya noticed that everyone and the dad has reverse camber skis these days? We’ve definitely seen older gents, kids, racers, ripper bro-brahs, and accountants on reverse camber skis the past coupla years. Everyone seems to at least have one of these in their arsenal. Essentially every single ski company out there offers some form of reverse camber skiage.
“Reverse and mixed camber ski sales are up an astounding 75% in units sold reaching 87,000 pairs sold, making up 23% of all alpine skis sold through December this season.” – snowsports.org
Q: What’s so great about reverse camber skis?
A: They are like cheating.
– You can ski at faster speeds in powder because you can check your speed more easily.
– It’s tougher to catch an edge.
– They float better in powder.
– They make stomping airs easier
– They give you that surfy, loose feeling that you can’t get on anything else.
Don’t have a pair of reverse camber skis yet? If that’s true and you like powder, it’s time to have a look: