Last year, residents of the Granite State downed an average of 31.6 gallons of beer, 6.7 gallons of wine and 3.8 gallons of liquor apiece. Thats twice the national average and 89 percent more beer than New Yorkers drink (beerinstitute.org). Utah drinks the least amount of beer, 12.2 gallons per resident.
It also turns out that the more education you have the more likely you are to dink.
Did you know:
- Bourbon is the official spirit of the United States.
- The Manhattan cocktail (whiskey and sweet vermouth) was invented by Winston Churchill’s mother.
- Methyphobia is fear of alcohol.
- Alcohol consumption decreases during full moons.
- Underage drinking is allowed for government work related purposes in 4 states.