Reno has had some crazy stuff going down this summer: fatal train crashes, plane crashes, gang shootings, you name it. Reno is one hard core f$%king town. There are no two ways about it. Step up or get the hell out.
The latest Reno 911 news is pretty intense: Reno hosts a biker rally every year called Street Vibrations for the past 20 years. During the rally on Friday night a fight broke out among Hells Angels and Vagos gang members and 3 were shot.
The next morning there was a retaliatory drive by shooting that left one injured.
Shocking that biker gangs would show up to a biker rally, no? But, in all fairness, this is the first gang shooting in the events history. And to be totally honest, I love festivals like this and have been to the ones in Jamestown, CA and it’s a blast. Most “bikers” at these things are doctors and lawyers and accountants who never got their chance to “ride with wind.”
So, What Happened in Reno, The Craziest Ski Town in the World?
– Hells Angels and Vagos were in the Nugget Casino in Sparks, NV on Friday night, September 24th, 2011
– Fight breaks out between the rival gang members
– Gang members start shooting each other
– San Jose Hells Angel Chapter President Jeffery “Jethro” Pettigrew is shot and killed
– Reportedly around 20 shots were fired and about 30 gang members were involved in the fight.
– No suspects at this time in the murder case nor shootings
– Cesar Villagrana has been arrested after allegedly shooting into the crowd during fight (that’s frowned upon in Reno)
– Two Vagos from California, Leonard Ramirez and Diego Garcia, were shot and are in stable condition
– Street Vibrations canceled due to shooting
-Another shooting happened the next morning, Saturday, September 25th, 2011 at 10:30 am in Sparks. This was a drive by shooting considered by police to be “definitely a retaliation.”
– Vagos gang members show up at Reno Renown Medical Center and force officials to “lock down” hospital on Saturday
“He (a Hells Angel) was down with the bloody nose, gets up and pulls out the gun and that’s the first shot,” A witness explains. “Then he turns the gun towards the south of the building and that’s when he started firing into the crowd. The guy who was doing the shooting was an older man. He must have been 50, 55.”
I don’t even think there can be a discussion here. Reno is the craziest ski town on Earth….HANDS DOWN.