4. Snowflakes aren't always white. Years ago, when coal was used in factories and homes, snow was often gray. Why? Because the coal dust entered the air and was absorbed by the clouds.
5. The snow capital of the United States is Stampede Pass in Washington State. Each year, the average snowfall is 430 inches.
6. The average snowflake falls at a speed of 3.1 miles per hour. (5 kilometers)
7. Snirt is dirty snow that flies off the dusty Canadian prairies.
8. People buy more cakes, cookies and candies than any other food when a blizzard is in the forecast.
9. A blizzard occurs when you can't see for 1/4 mile. The winds are always 35 miles an hour or more. The storm must last at least 3 hours to be classed as a blizzard. If any of these conditions are less, it is only a snowstorm.
10. Billions of snowflakes fall during one short snowstorm.
11. That snowflakes are made up of ice crystals.
facts from www.suite101.com