The Return of UnofficialAndes.com Home of the most South America Ski Stoke on the Planet!
This summer, a crew of Unofficial athletes, videographers, and writers will be living in and reporting daily from South America. We will be based in Las Lenas, Argentina and will be thoroughly exploring the terrain and madness that goes on there. Think of us as your South American Lonely Planet Ski/Snowboard Travel Guide. Only, we’re better than a guide book because we’ll have REAL TIME snow conditions, reports, videos, party updates, backcountry accounts, storm forecasts, and more.
What will we be covering exactly, you ask? Just have a look:
1. How to most efficiently travel to South America for skiing/riding.
2. Which airlines/airports are ideal, & how to make international and domestic airport transfers.
3. Where to stay in the big cities as well as in ski resort towns according to various budgets.
4. Which ski resorts/backcountry zones are the best.
5. Current snow conditions at the premier ski resorts and backcountry zones
6. Where and how to party both in ski towns and big and small cities on the road.
7. Constantly updated calendars of events in South American ski towns and big cities. (We had Megadeath in Buenos Aires last year!)
8. What simple and easy non-skiing sight seeing adventures are worth the detours and extra time.
9. What to do in South American ski towns if/when the snow conditions aren’t great. (this is KEY!)
10. We’ll also be teaching you a few Spanish phrases per week that will help you get around and seem cool. (Especially in Argentina where a huge percent of the language is an enigmatic slang).
photo: Iguacu Falls Argentina/Brazil.
If you are ever thinking of skiing/riding in South America or even just adventuring there, you want to check out UnofficialAndes.com. We’ll even be open to answering questions via email while we’re down there, so stay tuned, humans.