Powder conditions ruled today at The Snowbird with left over snow from yesterday still in full effect. There was deep snow in the Mid Cirque and Hanging Bowl all day long and the trams were once again walk on. The word is that there is still loads of pow up on Baldy if you can hunt it down. Skies were sunny almost the whole day and even Mineral was sweet as hell.
I think there are a number of advantages to the smaller pow day, which I will now list in no particular order:
1) No canyon jam in the morning.
2) Walk on trams all day.
3) No powder panic on the hill.
4) Can get sandwich at Grits in about 3 minutes.
5) Nobody hiking Baldy.
6) Fresh lines every run.
7) No canyon jam on the way down.
8) Stoke is high and is not hindered by lift lines. (Kinda like #2, but I think this is worth 2 mentions….or is it 3.)