Last season’s Cushing Crossing went down on 4th of July weekend.
It looks like Squaw is trying to blow up this Cushing Crossing thing. Jonny Moseley on the mic, celebrity judges, registrations fees, & cash bonuses. The original pond crossing event returns to Squaw Valley this Sunday.
This is always a classic and a helluva good time. It’s really the ultimate spectator event.
CUSHING CROSSING 2012:
- 1pm start, $20 registration fee for first 50 humans
- MC Jonny Moseley on the mic
- Celebrity Judging Panel: Michelle Parker, Erik Roner, Tamara McKinney, Sherry McConkey, & Andy Wirth
- Grand Prize = mid-week season pass for 2012/13
- $100 bonus to best skinny ski (70mm or less underfoot) run
- $100 bonus to most creative run/costume
from Squaw Valley
This year the Cushing Crossing is going to be bigger and better than ever! With emcee’s Jonny Moseley and Uncle E on the mic and a celebrity judging panel including Sherry McConkey, Andy Wirth, Michelle Parker, Tamara McKinney and Erik Roner.
Judging is based on style, grace, creativity, and of course, successfully crossing the lake. The grand prize is a 2012-13 Adult Bronze Season Pass, and $100 cash prize will be awarded to the winner of each class – Men’s & Women’s Ski, Men’s & Women’s Snowboard, and Unlimited. Bonus categories include a $100 bonus for highest scoring contestant on skinny skis (70mm or less under foot) and a $100 bonus for most creative (successful crossing not required).
Time Details Registration 9am Register on the KT Base Bar. Open to the first 50 registrants with $20. Crossing 1pm Let the games begin! Awards 3pm(ish) Awards on the KT Base Bar.