It looks like Squaw Valley Resorts LLC has taken the first step towards replacing the Red Dog chairlift with a high-speed six pack. According to Placer County Public Documents Squaw Valley Resorts LLC is looking to “replace the existing triple chairlift with a high-speed, detachable 6-place chairlift on the same alignment to improve utilization of the Snow King terrain and shorten the ride time in half.”
Our only question is, what took them so long?
5 reasons why a high-speed six pack Red Dog would be incredible.
- It would drastically cut wait times on lower mountain during storm days.
- It would allow for faster early season laps when Red Dog is the only chair open.
- It would shorten Red Dog’s ride time in half.
- It would get less aggressive skiers out of the KT line and over to red dog.
- It would “open up” more intermediate terrain which in turn would mean less traffic heading up to Shirley Lake and coming down Mountain Run at the end of the day.