Great news for all you aspiring FWT athletes, for the first time Beartooth is teaming with the Mountain Rider’s Alliance (MRA) to host Summer Shredfest (June 16-18). There will be festival atmosphere with music, parties, symposiums and most importantly….a Freeride World Tour Qualifying 2 Star Event:
“Freeride World Tour Qualifying (FWQ) events are the only route for athletes seeking to advance to the elite Freeride World Tour (FWT). Currently there are more than 100 Freeride World Tour Qualifying (FWQ) events globally, providing up-and-coming athletes chance to hone their skills, gain experience and score valuable points as they seek to advance to the FWT. The Beartooth Basin 2* FWQ event is the only summer FWQ competition in North America.
This 2* Freeride World qualifier is scheduled for Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at Beartooth Basin, beginning at 9 am. Registration is $85 (lift tickets not included). All athletes must have a FWQ athlete license to compete, available here.”
Here is a bit more about the Summer Sherdfest Festival:
“Join us for the 1st Annual Mountain Riders Alliance Summer Shredfest. It’s an end of the season culmination of good times, competitions and a celebration of community ski areas and the soul of skiing.
Ski and snowboard competitions will take place at Beartooth Basin, the premiere summer ski area in North America. Beartooth operates from Memorial Day until the snow melts in July.
Discount lodging is available at the solar-powered Yodeler Motel and the Red Lodge KOA campground. Just mention you are attending ShredFest to get $10 off the normal nightly rates at both of our Summer Shredfest accommodation partners.”
Elevation: 10,900 feet
Vertical drop: 1,000 feet
Steepness: Up to 50 degrees
IF YOU ARE INTEReSTED IN PARTICIPATING HERE’S THE INFO:
Saturday, June 17 :9 AM – 2 PM Freeride World Qualifier 2 Star Event at Beartooth Basin
- No lift pass included in inscription fee
- Discounted lift passes available for athletes
- Discounted accommodations for athletes and others will be available at The Yodeler in Red Lodge and the KOA campground- both are offering $10 off daily rates to all Summer Shredfest participants.
- The venue will be open for inspection starting on June 1st.
- Athlete check in/on location registration: June 16 @3:00pm, location to be announced.
- Maximum athletes: 85
- Format: 1 run
Skimeister option: Athletes competing in the freeride event on June 17 and opting to also compete in the USSMA ski mo event on June 18 will receive a discounted entry fee (less $20 from $65 ski mo stand-alone entry), credited during on-location registration for the ski mo event.
Head Judge: Darrell Haggard
Venue Risk and Operations Management: Austin Hart
Athlete questions/information: Tom Winter – firstname.lastname@example.org
SKI PASS DISCOUNTS
- Discounted lift tickets for athletes available day of event only: $35 ($10 off normal rate).
- If athletes hold a Mountain Playground card (http://mountainplaygroundgroup.ski/) they can get 2 for 1 lift tickets any day of the season, including Summer Shredfest date