As another series of storms moves into the Rocky Mountains, NOAA has issued Winter Weather Advisories For Aspen, Vail, and Steamboat starting at 6pm today and lasting until 6am on Wednesday!
“The northern and central mountains could still see snow amounts approach a FOOT over a 2-day period ending early Wednesday.” – NOAA
The storm seems to be tracking more north, leaving Snowmass and Steamboat with the majority of snowfall early in the week. Other resorts across Colorado pick up leftovers that could amount to 2-8″, depending on directional orientation. That said, another couple of storms are set to impact Colorado by the end of the weekend so with that in mind— LET IT SNOW!
Unofficial Picks 12/5/16:
- Vail Pass
- Rabbit Ears
3-Day Forecast For Steamboat:
3 Day Forecast For Aspen:
Winter Weather Advisory (Aspen + Vail)
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM MST WEDNESDAY…
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE THE CITIES OF… ASPEN… VAIL… SNOWMASS.
* TIMING…SNOW DEVELOPS THIS AFTERNOON AND WILL CONTINUE INTERMITTENTLY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION…4 TO 8 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS NORTH OF INTERSTATE 70 AND ALONG WEST FACING SLOPES.
* WINDS…WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.
* IMPACTS…LOW VISIBILITY IN PERIODS OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT WITH HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS EXPECTED OVER VAIL PASS MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY.
Winter Weather Advisory (Steamboat + Buffalo Pass + Rabbit Ears Pass)
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MST WEDNESDAY…
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE THE CITIES OF…COLUMBINE…HAHNS PEAK… TOPONAS…BUFORD…TRAPPERS LAKE.
* TIMING…SNOW DEVELOPS THIS MORNING AND CONTINUES INTERMITTENTLY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION…5 TO 10 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ON WEST FACING SLOPES.
* WINDS…WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS…LOW VISIBILITY IN PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT ESPECIALLY OVER RABBIT EARSPASS.