The ideal gift is as fashionable as it is functional, which is where Patagonia finds its place underneath the Christmas tree. Perhaps nothing will bring a bigger smile to skiers, snowboarders, and outdoors people than seeing that Cerro Fitz Roy logo underneath all that gift wrapping.
Here are 5 Sure-Fire Christmas Gifts From Patagonia
When it comes to bibs, perhaps nobody has made greater strides in functionality than Patagonia. The Powslayer Bib is a perennial favorite amongst freeriders far and wide due to its lightweight build and Gore-Tex foundation. Also, an attachable skirt option for most Patagonia snowsports jackets will keep the snow where it belongs– on the outside your pants.
- Lightweight and highly durable 3-layer nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® Pro
- 2-way slider side zips for venting
- Vislon® zippers on side zips
- Loop on rear yoke attaches bibs to powder skirt on any Patagonia® Snow jacket
- Articulated patterning
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 3-layer, 3.72-oz 40-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® Pro fabric with a DWR (durable water-repellent) finish
- 572 g (20.2 oz)
“I spend about 75% time skinning and 25% resort skiing (90+ days a year), these pants are the perfect design for this.” – Anonymous
After trying out the Nano-Air® Light Hoody this fall and early season, I now know why this piece of outerwear was the solo go-to for the guides at Ski Arpa. It’s light, it’s comfy, and it’s breathable beyond traditional soft shells.
- 100% nylon ripstop shell and plain-weave liner with DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- FullRange™ Insulation (70CFM)
- Stretchy Hoody
- Exterior left-chest zippered pocket
- Stretch-woven cuffs
- Shell: 1.6-oz 30-denier 100% nylon stretch ripstop. Lining: 2-oz 50-denier 100% nylon stretch plain weave. Cuff: 4.7-oz 88% polyester/12% spandex stretch-woven. All fabrics with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 40-g FullRange™ 100% polyester stretch insulation
- 309 g (10.9 oz)
“I have used this coat now for several weeks and find that it breathes really well. It is super light and the material is very comfortable.” – CobyJ
The Ascensionist is a classic backcountry pack that sits in an elite league of its own. From the extra gear loops on the hip belts to the minimal but necessary touches of extra webbing, the pack is everything it appears to be and more.
- Removable frame
- 35 L (2,136 cubic inches)
“A great combination of simplicity and features. It is completely streamlined, comfortable, and carries well.” – @samdoesclimbing
There’s nothing like a bomber duffel that doubles as a backpack for especially long travels. This piece of luggage by Patagonia is all that and more, fitting amazingly well for being dual use.
- bluesign® Approved Fabric
- DWR (durable water-repellent) fabric finish
“This bag was basically in the bottom of an airplane or on the back of a wet pickup for a week straight and not only did my stuff stay dry but there were no signs of wear on the bag by time I got it home.” – King25
“The R3 Fleece Hoody is an awesome backcountry mid-layer. It’s warm on the downhill, and breathable enough on the uphill. Hood also fits well under helmets for the really cold days.” – Adrienne
- bluesign® Approved Fabric
- Made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles
“Light enough so it’s not super bulky for backpacking but definitely warm enough and an excellent layer. I love the fact that it zips up over your face for extra warmth.” – gepeters