It finally seems as though winter is here to stay as Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado arrive fashionably late to the powder party.
Over the last 24 hours, Eagle Point Resort in southwest Utah pulled down a whopping 30″ of the “Greatest Snow On Earth” and it’s just the beginning. Little Cottonwood Canyon should also see huge snowfall totals today (up to 32″ @Alta) through today and tonight before the storm begins to taper off Tuesday afternoon.
LET IT SNOW!
24 Hour Snowfall Totals:
- Eagle Point – 30″
- Alta – 16″
- Sundance – 14″
- Snowbird – 13″
- Beaver Mountain – 12″
- Brighton – 10″
- Park City – 9″
Winter Storm Warning
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST TUESDAY…
* AFFECTED AREA…THE WASATCH MOUNTAINS…THE WESTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS…THE BOOK CLIFFS AND WASATCH PLATEAU…THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS OF UTAH.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS…AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 2 FEET WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ALONG WEST-FACING SLOPES ACROSS NORTHERN UTAH.
* TIMING…SNOW WILL REDEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING. PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW WILL RETURN LATER THIS MORNING…THEN REMAIN HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH EARLY THIS EVENING. SNOW SHOWERS WILL LINGER OVERNIGHT WITH MINIMAL ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS BEGINNING TUESDAY MORNING.
* WINDS…NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 50 MPH ALONG THE RIDGELINES.
* IMPACTS…WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL EXIST ACROSS MOUNTAIN PASSES AND ROADWAYS THROUGH THE PERIOD. SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL IMPACTS ARE LIKELY DURING TODAYS MORNING AND EVENING COMMUTES.
Find up-to-date Utah snow reports here: Ski Utah