Depending on the type and frequency of skateboarding you enjoy, the price of equipment can become quite costly, specifically replacing broken boards. Powell Peralta has spent the last five years perfecting an answer to the problem and they are proud to say The Flight Deck is now available for sale ($80USD):
“Five years ago we set out on an exploration to improve the strength and performance of skateboard decks and to see what was possible. FLIGHT™ decks apply what we learned into making a superior deck with increased performance at an affordable price.
Built in a new production area in our Santa Barbara, California, facility, FLIGHT™ decks are stronger, thinner and lighter than a 7-ply. You’ll get the feel of it in an hour or two and begin to realize you can do things riding a Flight deck that cannot be done on a 7-ply. Flight decks allow you to extend your limits, because they let you ollie higher, flip faster, do tricks more easily, and they don’t break in two like a 7-ply.”
- Thinner – as thin as your phone
- Lighter than a similar sized 7-ply
- Stronger – more than twice as strong in our tail break tests
- Longer lasting – The epoxy infused, fiber reinforced structure of the Flight deck is extremely resistant to breaking, and this structure gives Flight decks “everlasting pop” that doesn’t fade as your Flight deck slowly wears.
- Ollies higher because of greater rebound and snap.