10 Interesting Facts About The Jackson Hole Tram
Here are 10 intresting facts about the Jackson Hole Ski Resort Tram.
1. The original tram was completed in 1966 and cost $1.6 million. It was partially funded by a government program ($1 million), the rest came from a private investment.
2. The original Jackson Hole Tram took 26 months to build and was powered by 1000hp engines.
3. The original Jackson Hole Tram had an hourly skier capacity of 300, ascended at 8m/s and took 10.5 minutes.
4. The new Jackson Hole Tram has an hourly skier capacity of 650, ascends at 10m/s and takes 9 minutes.
5. The tram smells like…adventure.
6. The tram access over 2,500 acres of in-bounds terrain and over 3,000 acres of backcountry terrain that receives an average of 475″ of snow.
7. The tram rises 4,139 feet and travels over two miles.
8. The tram can operate in winds of up to 60mph.
9. The musical “soul tram” runs once a day, try to be on it.
10. The construction of the new Jackson Hole Tram is documented in “Cable to the Sky.”