First the good news, the coverage is awesome and the majority of the hill is covered in pack powder. Now for the bad news, the holiday crowds are still around and with the weekend upon us things are only going to get worse. That being said, it’s still a ton of fun out there. Lots of bump skiing, some fun groomers and a few challenging spots that are still holding fresh snow.
The heavy holiday traffic has left it toll on the mountain. Bumps can be found just about everywhere.
- The Slot and Light Towers
- The Sun Chutes
- The more aggressive terrain which has seen less skier traffic
Today was a beautiful day in Tahoe but its looking like the weather will be changing over the weekend.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 40. Windy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night: Snow likely, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Windy, with a southwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 20 to 25 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday: Snow. High near 30. Breezy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph becoming west in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.